A Back Talk holiday tradition is our annual Black Friday shopping post. That’s where I wonder in awe and amazement that anyone would get up before breakfast to go shopping for a TV set, and our regular visitors point out that I am woefully out of touch with reality. So go at it — if you went shopping today, leave a comment. Or, if you didn’t, tell us why. The rest of the blog will be off (and I’ll be in Oklahoma without TV set, telephone or Internet access, as far away from shopping as possible).
And, as a public service (and because I think it’s odd), after the jump: A list of Dallas-area stores and when they opened today.
• The Black Friday shopping website. This site tracks ads and sale items for more than 50 retailers, including store hours.
• 4 a.m.: Kohl’s, JC Penney.
• 5 a.m.:Best Buy, Sam’s Club, Sears, Wal-Mart
• 6 a.m.:Burlington Coat Factory, Home Depot, Lowe’s, Kmart, Target
• 8 a.m.: Southwest Center Mall
• 9 a.m.: NorthPark
Click to sign up for the Advocate's weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Oak Cliff.