City Councilman Scott Griggs has set town hall meetings on the proposed city budget.
The first one is at 6:30 p.m. today, Aug. 14 at the Park in the Woods Rec Center.
Here is a look, from Griggs, at the budget:
• No tax rate increase
• No sanitation rate increase
• Residential water rate increase of 3.9 percent
• Industrial water rate increase of 5.3 percent and commercial increase of 7.2 percent
• Add police officers and firefighters to maintain current levels
• Add $50,000 for Seniors Jobs Program
• Same pools and recreation centers will be open
• Library materials budget will increase by $1 million
• Increase AT&T Performing Arts Center funding to $2.5 million
• Historic and conservation districts will be 2/3 funded by general fund
• Add 57 employees in building inspection and 2-4 employees in planning
• Increase street maintenance and add $500,ooo for bike lanes
Click to sign up for the Advocate’s weekly news digest and be the first to know what’s happening in Oak Cliff.