An early 20th century mansion that that is one of Oak Cliff’s few protected historic landmarks has new owners.
Kelly, Durham & Pittard LLP, which previously had an office on Haines at West Davis, bought the L.O. Daniel mansion, also known as Cedar Crest house. The firm renovated the building, across the street from Sunset High School, and moved in Dec. 28.
The L.O. Daniel mansion was built in 1905, when it was on the Texas and Pacific Rail line. It was a Victorian style “country house” that originally was surrounded by about 27 acres.
The house was given protected historic landmark status in 1984. It was home to a title company for many years until around 2010, and it went on the market early last year for $575,000.
Read Texas Lawyer’s story about the law firm’s purchase here.