Lancaster Avenue 
commercial district, Jefferson and Marsalis

This strip of early 1900s retail buildings is a last remnant of the original Oak Cliff commercial district. Most of the original town of Oak Cliff was torn down to build Interstate 35 in 1957. These buildings, which now contain a hive of jam-packed thrift stores, have been listed in the Old Oak Cliff Conservation League’s most-endangered architecture list.

Return to ‘Historical Happenings’

Written By
More from Rachel Stone

Jonathon’s owners to open new restaurant on Beckley

Jonathon and Christine Erdeljac of Jonathon’s cafe have leased the former Mama...
Read More