Advocate Magazine Best of Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
- Eligibility: The Best Of Contest is open only to contestants who login and/or signup at the online contest page and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. You must provide your email address at minimum for your entry to count. We will save your email address and add to our regular email list. You may unsubscribe from this list at any time. The Best Of Contest is void where prohibited by law. The Best Of Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully conditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Advocate Magazine as final and binding as it relates to the contest. You also agree to having your email address added to the Advocate email list.
- Entries: Entries have been selected by Advocate staff; please forward additional candidates for future categories to firstname.lastname@example.org
- How to Vote: Voting must be done only through the voting portal on each of our neighborhood websites. Each voter is only allowed to vote one time per day in each category. You may vote in more than one neighborhood. You must use the online form and portal and provide your email address in order for your vote to count. If Advocate Magazine determines that any vote (s) are submitted using fraudulent methods or by circumventing the rules, your vote and any duplicate votes will be removed at the discretion of Advocate Magazine. Votes sent by email or to our Facebook page are not complete and do not count as a vote.
- How Winners are Chosen: Our Advocate Magazine staff will review all public voting using our Woobox© software, count votes, and select winners based on who has the most votes per category. There will be 1 winner in each category in each neighborhood. There will also be a runner-up and 3rd place announced. Winners will be added to the Advocate Best Of List for the particular year, will receive a counter card announcing that they have been selected as the Best Of in their particular category, and are able to announce their selection/winning in any way they deem appropriate, provided that whatever promotion the winner uses in no way indicates Advocate is endorsing the business as anything other than a winner of the Best Of contest for that neighborhood. All nominees and winners may request an Advocate “Best Of” sticker decal for placement in their storefront should they choose.
- Notification: Entries/Nominees and winners of the Best Of Contest will be notified via email and/or phone call. Advocate Magazine will have no liability for a winner or entry’s failure to receive notices of their selection due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for entry’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the winner or entry cannot be reached after reasonable efforts have been exerted or if he/she is found to be ineligible, or if he/she does not comply with these Contest Rules, such entry/winner will be disqualified and an alternate entry/winner may be selected