This bark is all bite
As you are preparing for one of the most chocolate-filled months of the year, when everyone is trying to buy or make something extra special for their loved ones, a no-bake and no-recipe treat will be your new best friend. Chocolate bark is not only one of the most beautiful chocolate treats you can package up, but it is also so decadent with its pure flavors. As you prepare to make chocolate bark, it’s imperative you select a high quality chocolate, whether it be white, milk or dark. Once you have decided on the chocolate you would like to use, you need to decide how to top it. For dark chocolate, I prefer nutty and dried fruit flavors such as cranberries, almonds, candied ginger, pumpkin seeds, pistachios, dried figs and dried apricots. The options are endless for chocolate bark, you can nearly put anything your taste buds desire.
No-bake Chocolate Bark
1 pound dark chocolate, finely chopped
1/4 cup almonds, lightly chopped
1/4 cup candied ginger, chopped
1/4 cup pistachios, shelled
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup dried figs, chopped
1/4 cup dried apricots, chopped
2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
1. Prepare a half-sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Place three-fourths of the dark chocolate in a microwave safe glass bowl.
3. Microwave chocolate on high for 30 seconds, remove bowl and stir chocolate.
4. Place chocolate back in the microwave for 30 second intervals until the chocolate is melted.
5. Remove the bowl from the microwave and add the remaining one-fourth of chocolate into the melted chocolate and stir until fully melted.
6. Pour chocolate onto prepared sheet pan and spread until even in thickness.
7. Sprinkle dried fruit and nuts all over chocolate (add as much or as little as you like).
8. Allow the chocolate to cool and harden at room temperature or refrigerate if you want the chocolate to set up quicker.
9. Once the chocolate is cooled, crack the bark into medium size pieces.
10. Keep in an airtight container or package up for gifts.