Landmark Commission member Michael Amonett came up with this list of all of the historic buildings that have been torn down in Oak Cliff since 2010 as part of our preservation town-hall meeting this week.

Oak Cliff Christian Church, 300 E. Tenth, 1916-2010

Demolished for Dallas ISD athletic fields.

Sponsored Message

Alamo Plaza Hotel Courts, 712 Fort Worth Ave. 1947-2010

Demolished for Sylvan Thirty apartments and retail complex.

Humble Station, Zang at Beckley, 1929-2012

Initially demolished for a convenience store, but the lot is still empty.

600 Elsbeth St., apartments that were the one-time home of Lee Harvey Oswald and Marina Oswald, 1925-2013

The city of Dallas won a court order to have the complex demolished following disputes regarding code violations. The lot is still empty.

The Mission Motel, 514 W. Commerce, 1940-2015

Demolished for apartments.

Pecan Deluxe factory warehouse (half of Calvario Funeral Home), West Davis at Madison, 1927-2015

Demolished for a parking lot.

Church of the Master, 1010 W. Kiest, 1953-2016

Initially demolished for a retail complex; the lot is still empty.

H.H. Barnes warehouse, Beckley at Illinois, 1955-2016

Demolished for a CVS store.

Wyatt Food Store/El Chico/Tejano Restaurant/El Corazon de Tejas, 110 W. Davis, 1940-2017

Demolished for a CVS store.

Retail strip in the 100 block of South Beckley, 1922-2017

Demolished for a park.

Service station at Beckley and Tenth, 1950s-2017

Demolished for a park.