Ed and C.B. Hearn opened Hearn Clinic chiropractic in 1950, boasting a free chauffeur-driven station wagon for patients with trouble walking. The field of chiropractic was only about 50 years old at the time, and the clinic opened in a modern building at 220 N. Zang, according to the Dallas Morning News Historical Archives. The Hearns lived and raised families in Oak Cliff — C.B. in Cedar Oaks and Ed in Glen Oaks — and were leaders in their industry. They served in the Dallas County Chiropractic Society, which in 1955 had 49 delegates to the 40th-annual Texas State Chiropractic Association convention in Dallas, according to the archives. Ed Hearn was president of the Texas Chiropractic College at San Antonio in the late 1950s, when the school united with San Antonio Junior College to offer the two years of college basics newly required to receive a chiropractic license. WellMed Medical Group recently bought the building (note the old-time spelling of “Zangs,” which was also styled “Zang’s” sometimes) along with the adjacent Oak Cliff Family Healthcare.