Dave Faries interviews Kavala chef-owner Kelly Hightower in this piece. Read it to find out why Hightower thinks he and others are drawn to Oak Cliff, and his favorite restaurants in our neighborhood (hint: one is his former executive chef post).
And since we’re on the topic of Kavala, the restaurant recently instituted some changes to combat the economic downturn, among them:
• Resuming lunch daily from 11 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
• All-day happy hour on Tuesdays
• Half-price pizzas on Wednesdays until 7 p.m.
• $6 martinis from 5-10 p.m. Thursdays
• A four-course prix fixe $30 menu on Sundays