Advocate slideshow: Monroe Shops

Preservation Dallas gave a tour of the Monroe Shops, near the Illinois Station, on July 9. DART is renovating the 1914 building to serve as its transit police headquarters, and is seeking a silver LEED certification. The building is coming full circle in a way. It was built as a repair shop for the old Texas Electric Railway‘s trolley cars.

Photographer Steve Clicque of Preservation Dallas took these pictures.

By |2009-07-14T12:01:00-05:00July 14th, 2009|DART, News|1 Comment

About the Author:

Rachel Stone is the Oak Cliff editor. Email rstone@advocatemag.com or follow twitter.com/advocate_oc.                                     

One Comment

  1. Bob July 15, 2009 at 10:10 PM

    Actually it was Interurban cars, not trolley cars. They were much heavier and ran between cities.

Comments are closed.