When you go to a game you’ll see them right away because they’re always the first ones there, with a foam finger in one hand and an air horn in the other. They’re the ones with fully painted bodies, fully loaded snack trays, and fully shaved heads (except for the hair left in the shape of their favorite player’s number). An Ultimate Fan is one who has been with their team from very the beginning, stuck with them through the good times and the bad, and never lost faith.
This season, the Mavericks’ fans have had a lot to get excited about. After winning last night, the Mavs have taken the lead and are one game away from winning the finals. But of course, if you’re truly an Ultimate Fan you already knew that.
Don’t know if you’re worthy of calling yourself an Ultimate Fan? If you have done one or more of these things, then you’ve probably earned the honorable title.
– You take part in costume contests or dress up for each game
– You make wild posters to cheer on your favorite players
– You’ve made at least 20 posts on the Dirk Nowitzki Fan Club asking him to marry you or to be your best friend
– Your family stays on the opposite side of the house because you scream at the TV too much
– You cried after the two finals games they lost
If you’ve done one or more of these acts of dedication, then congratulations! You can rightfully call yourself an Ultimate Fan. If not, then it’s probably time to break out the body paint.