Welp, she’s gone, gone, gone, to quote the great Lefty Frizzell. This was all that remained this morning of the former Humble Oil service station, built in 1929, on Beckley at Zang.
Workers were demolishing the building; the new owner plans to build a convenience store there. Even though some neighbors and the Old Oak Cliff Conservation League would’ve liked to preserve the building, there wasn’t much they could do without buying the building themselves. It was just outside the Lake Cliff Historic District boundaries and therefore unprotected by the district’s regulations.