fbpx

OneDAY Dallas: Please stop calling me

Dallas is going to once-a-week trash and recycling collection in March. And they’re letting us all know with a campaign called OneDAY Dallas. Which is great. I’m glad they’re preparing us. But in the past two weeks or so, my cellphone has rung three times with an automated message telling me about it. And once really was enough.

We’d be interested in hearing from readers who think one trash and recycling collection per week isn’t enough.

Next month, the city is holding community meetings about the change. Here is a list of theOak Cliff dates:

Jan. 5, 6:30 p.m., Methodist Dallas Medical Center’s Hitt Auditorium
Jan. 14, 7 p.m., Park in the Woods Recreation Center
Jan. 23, 10 a.m., Hampton Illinois Branch Library
Jan. 30 10 a.m., Dallas West Branch Library

By |2009-12-16T12:01:00-05:00December 16th, 2009|News|5 Comments

About the Author:

Rachel Stone is the Oak Cliff editor. Email rstone@advocatemag.com or follow twitter.com/advocate_oc.

5 Comments

1. Rebecca Jackson December 23, 2009 at 10:10 PM

Since we started Recycling we typically only put our trash bin out once a week so I like the idea of going to once a week trash pick up. I hope this will encourage more people to recycle. I have been amazed at the number of things that can be recycled.

2. Pam Dougherty December 23, 2009 at 10:10 PM

Yes, for those of us who have small households, once a week is plenty. Since I’ve had the recyclying bin, my regular bin almost never fills up.

3. Jake December 23, 2009 at 10:10 PM

I don’t have kids but my recycling bin fills up more quickly that the trash can so this works for me.

4. TheBinBigD December 23, 2009 at 10:10 PM

I love the idea! This will encourage people to recycle more and consume less. The only downside is that people may have a tendency to just place bags next to their bin which can cause a huge mess. I bet trash compactors will be flying off the shelves soon.

5. PMiller December 23, 2009 at 10:10 PM

Once-a-week pick-up is NOT enough! When you have children, you need pick-up more than once a week!

Comments are closed.