Miranda Realty Co. is making moves in Oak Cliff. The commercial real estate company, which has offices at SMU Blvd. and Central Expressway, bought several prominent Oak Cliff properties late last year. And now the company has plans to move south of the Trinity.
Miranda acquired several Oak Cliff properties recently:
- The former funeral chapel at Zang and Colorado, which Miranda says could be a good spot for a business that plays off its proximity to Lake Cliff Park, such as a bike and scooter rental place.
- The yellow-and-blue former tire shop in the triangle at Davis, Polk and Kings Highway, which Southern Maid donuts has leased.
- The building at 700 West Davis, known as the Ruth Chenoweth building, which most recently housed Oak Cliff Mercantile. Miranda is marketing it as a restaurant space.
- A former Shell station across the street from the Kessler Theater, which could be a restaurant.
- An old garage at 828 W. Davis.
- The building at 1417 W. Davis, which used to be Kavala and soon will reopen as Nova.
“We’re getting a lot of interest now from across the river because of the success of Bolsa and others,” Miranda says. “Everything’s moving west along Davis Street, and it’s good for all of Oak Cliff to see that happening.”