A new restaurant “inspired by” Bob’s Steak and Chop House owner Bob Sambol is planned for Trinity Groves. The website for The Hall describes it as “clubby and intimate” with 100 seats, and it includes this quote from Sambol: “My vision is that The Hall is going to become that ‘go-to’ place where you meet up with your friends, have a drink and eat a great steak.” There are 12 Bob’s in Texas, Arizona, California, Florida and Tennessee, including one at the Omni Dallas Hotel.
Bishop Arts District restaurant Waldron Lodge has closed. The restaurant, owned by Kenneth Cross, specialized in game meats and opened in 2013.
This week, March 14-18, is American Red Cross week at Norma’s Cafe. There are specials every day as follows:
- Monday: Buy any slice of meringue pie, and a portion of the sales will be donated to the North Texas Red Cross.
- Tuesday: Download Tornado App and receive a coupon for a free slice of meringue pie to be used on a future visit.
- Wednesday: A portion of sales will go directly to the Red Cross.
- Thursday: Download the Red Cross Monster Guard App and receive a coupon for a free slice of meringue pie to be used on a future visit.
- Friday: Norma’s will hold a drawing for a chance to win free chicken fried steak for a year. Enter for a chance to win any day this week.