Twelve vintage photos of the Dallas Farmers Market

The intersection of Pearl and Cadiz became the central place for farmers to sell their produce and poultry beginning around 1900.

That intersection is still the center of the Dallas Farmer’s Market.

The market struggled in recent years, but it just received a $65-million makeover, which has breathed some life into it.

Check out these photos, courtesy of the Dallas Municipal Archives, most of which were taken in 1958, but at least one is from the 1940s.

Written By
More from Rachel Stone

This weekend: African dance, Tony Schwa, MC 900 Foot Jesus

The Bandan Koro African drum and dance ensemble performs at the North Oak...
Read More