Bonnie Parker is not buried in West Dallas.
Although she wanted to be buried with Clyde, she’d married Roy Thornton in 1926; they were still married at the time of her death. She’s buried at Crown Hill Memorial Park off Webb Chapel Road.
But Bonnie was from Cement City. She and her mother moved there when Bonnie was 4, and she attended the Eagle Ford School.
Built of poured-in-place concrete in the gothic-revival style, the Eagle Ford School served generations of children from Cement City and Ledbetter, many of whom were Mexican American. There were separate company villages for Anglos and Hispanics, but the schools were mixed.
The Dallas Landmark Commission and the Dallas Mexican American Historical League earlier this year began the two-year process to make the school a designated historic landmark.