Cement City is gone, but there are still bones in the ground near where it used to be.
Beginning in 1909, the Trinity Portland Cement Co. was work and home to thousands of laborers. Many of the original workers were immigrants fleeing the Mexican Revolution.
After the flu epidemic hit Texas in 1918, the company donated land for use as a cemetery for Hispanic employees and their families.
The last burial at this cemetery was Eladio R. Martinez, who was killed in action in World War II and buried in the Philippines. His body later was reinterred here.