This is the site of John F. Zang’s own home.
It was the highest point in Zang’s Crystal Hill Addition, and he built a two-and-a-half story house there in 1906.
He didn’t live there long. By the time Trinity Presbyterian bought it from Zang in 1943, it had been used as an apartment building for decades.
The congregation, initially established in 1890, tore down the Zang house around 1950 to build a modern new church. By 1957, Trinity Presbyterian had the second-largest congregation in Dallas.
A developer who currently is building 70 new apartments on the site agreed to keep and reuse the church’s sanctuary.