*Sponsored post*[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]It is the dawn of a new school year, and Dallas ISD is ready to continue the great work ahead. Over the last few years, Dallas ISD has improved faster than any other district in our area, and we remain committed to significantly moving the needle even more this year.
The Texas Education Agency released its new A-F grading system. Sixty-five percent of DISD schools are rated A or B, and the district overall has received a B.
I am particularly excited for our families in District 7 whose neighborhood schools have breathed new life into our communities by bringing innovative programs close to home. From leadership to STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, math), personalized learning, fine arts, talented and gifted, and foreign language, District 7 has something for every student, giving all of us additional reasons to invest in our communities by keeping public schools strong. With so many options, Heritage Oak Cliff is hosting an event on navigating school choice in Dallas ISD. You are invited to hear from parents and Dallas ISD staff about your neighborhood schools and other school choices offered by the district. The event will be held Wednesday, September 19, at 6:30pm at Turner House, 401 N. Rosemont.
Welcome to our new District 7 Principals:
We have new principals at the helm of some schools. Let’s welcome these leaders who bring years of education experience to our schools:
- Ruth Roman, John H. Reagan Elementary, previously an associate principal at Winnetka Elementary
- Olga Romero, L.K. Hall Elementary, previously the assistant principal at Hall
- Marco Barker, Rosemont, previously principal at Clinton P. Russell Elementary
- Jamila Steen, Cochran Elementary, previously assistant principal at Rosemont
- Roberto Gonzalez, Stevens Park, assistant principal at Kahn Elementary
Back to School tips and information
There’s lots of back to school information at www.dallasisd.org/backtoschool, or you can contact the Call Center at (972) 925-5555 for answers to your back to school questions. For transportation questions, call 972-925-4BUS.
Here are a few tips to help get back into your school routine:
- Prepare the week’s uniforms in advance so getting dressed is less hectic.
- Check backpacks for homework, books and school supplies before bedtime and set them by the door.
- Maintain an upbeat attitude and speak positively about school.
- Make sure your children know that you believe in their ability to be successful in school.
- Attend open house or meet the teacher night at your child’s school and introduce yourself to all of your child’s teachers.
- If you need uniform assistance or face other challenges, check with your child’s school counselor to ask for help.
- Continue to check backpacks throughout the year for important notes from school.
Districtwide College Fair
Mark your calendars now for the Dallas ISD Districtwide College Fair, which will be held at 5:30 – 8:30 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 19, at Ellis Davis Field House, 9191 S. Polk. High school seniors, juniors and their parents are encouraged to attend.
Thanks to all of you who came out to the town hall meeting last week. I look forwarding to working with each of you throughout the year.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_single_image image=”56340″ img_size=”medium” add_caption=”yes”][/vc_column][/vc_row]