Look: Fire damages Oak Cliff home

Some Elmwood residents saw big clouds of black smoke Sunday.

A fire started around 3 p.m. in a home on Buckalew Street. The Dallas Fire Department says it likely started after something was left cooking and forgotten. No one was injured, and the fire department estimates the blaze caused about $50,000 in damage to the structure and about $20,000 in damages to personal property. It took fire fighters about 30 minutes to extinguish.

Advocate photo editor Danny Fulgencio captured these images.

Written By
More from Rachel Stone

Wynnewood North pays tribute to fallen officers

The Wynnewood North Neighborhood Association is showing support for the police officers...
Read More
  • Megan Bennett

    Is there any way to get connected with the family to donate money and/or help with connecting them to community services?

  • lakewoodhobo

    Sad for this family and I hope they have a place to stay for the holidays while they rebuild. Technically, this is north of Elmwood (maybe Hampton Hills?), but that isn’t important.