Up to $2,500 was awarded in each grant. According to The Hub, Dallas ISD’s blog, the grants were given through the Grants for Innovative Teaching program. Since the Junior League of Dallas began awarding funds, teachers have received more than $2 million dollars. The chair for the Grants for Innovative Teaching, Kiki Gao, expects this year’s grants to impact 8,200 students in the Dallas ISD.
Here are the Oak Cliff teachers who received grants this year:
- Yesenia Amador: Novel Engineering Lab
- Jennifer Perez: Markerspace in Second Grade
- Angela Garza: STEM for PreK
- Rikki Schramm: Learner Garden
- Norma Pardee: Exploration Station
- Rebecca Lopez: Journey to the Center of the Earth
- Megan Malone: Creating a Sensory Spot
- Manuel Rocha: Leopards Leading the Way
- Rodolfo Estrada: Learning about STEM in PK!